Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Is Being Single Sexy?


I've tried to convince myself that being young, beautiful, and single is the sexiest thing in the world! Is it really?

Case #1
I have an empty slate and I'm able to go out and meet as many men as I please.
Rebuttal
The problem is that there aren't that many single, attractive, STRAIGHT, Black men in DC that have their sh!t together. Very few. And most of those guys are in relationships anyway so I'm not working with an abundance of options.

Case #2
I don't have to worry about checking in with anyone. If I want to go out, I go. If I want to chill in the house alone for some "me time", I chill. If I had a man I would have to be checking in to let him know where I'm going, assuring him that I'm always on my best behavior because I'm thinking of him. The "me time" is severely limited because you have to have "we time" to foster a healthy relationship.
Rebuttal
But how bad would that really be? I don't go out that much to begin with. I'm not that much of a club hopper. The club scene bores and disappoints me. If I'm not at work or teaching dance, I'm usually home anyway. Having a lot of "me time" can be more depressing than having none at all.

Case #3
My cat Taurus is all the man I need. He curls up next to me on the couch and watches tv...
Rebuttal
Ok I can't even go with that one. I DEFINITELY need a lot more than my cat. He can't give me the physical attention and intimacy that I get from a man. Plus I don't want to end up one of those old cat ladies in the house with nothing but her cats to keep her company. Damn thats scary.

Summary
I guess being single isn't that sexy after all. Plus it always seems like other guys want you and think you're the sexiest when you are in a relationship. As soon as you commit to someone, everybody and their daddy starts knocking down your door. Life's a b*tch huh!

1 comment:

**Christen** said...

ok I can so agree with you on the rebuttal for case one about DC men and also case 2... the club scene is so blah now a days